Saturday 4 September 2010

T-11 hours!!

And so the countdown begins. In 11 hours I will (fingers crossed) be arriving in St. Petersburg, in 9 hours I will be on the plane, and in 5 hours I will be leaving home! Perhaps I should be in bed.......

I've already had my first panic, when I thought I'd lost my new credit card, but that's all sorted - my brother unearthed it down the side of the bed! So bags are packed, visa organised, roubles ordered (to be picked up at the airport tomorrow), hopefully everything will run smoothly in the morning!! I'm a bit nervous about arriving in Russia, as four months is quite a long time to be away from home, and I've only been learning Russian for a year. Luckily my landlady, Vera, speaks perfect English, but hopefully we'll be able to get by in Russian, after all, that's the point!!

I'll try to keep this regularly updated while I'm in Russia, Vera has wifi so it shouldn't be too difficult!! Next entry will probably be tomorrow or Sunday once I'm settled in....

No comments:

Post a Comment